Sort Missing in Default View -- Outlook 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed Outlook 2016 on several computers using my Office 365 subscription.  On one computer, the default view (which I have reset several times) is missing the ability to sort the mailbox by date, sender, etc.  This option/drop-down normally appears on the right side of the inbox list next to All.  Any ideas how I can fix this so I can quickly sort my mailboxes as needed on the fly?  Thanks.
    Wednesday, December 20, 2017 3:09 PM

Answers

• Hi ,

What's your detailed Outlook version?

According to my research, if your Outlook version is 1703 (Build 7967.2161) or higher, the filters and sort options were moved under the All drop down menu, to accommodate space for the new Focused inbox.

You can refer to this article for more information.

If you have further concern about this issue, please feel free to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Friday, December 22, 2017 1:13 AM
    • Marked as answer by emr88 Friday, December 22, 2017 3:19 AM
    Friday, December 22, 2017 1:12 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Does it behave incorrectly via both View Settings > Sort and drop-down option?

Please follow the steps below to check if issue persists.

1) Right click on the the FIELDS bar.

2) Click on ARRANGE BY

3) Leave DATE checked

4) UNCHECK 'Show in Groups'

According to my research, it is also likely caused by corrupted date file. We can try repairing date file to check the result. Please refer to this article for detailed steps.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 21, 2017 9:33 AM
  • Perry--

Thanks for your help.  I have enclosed a screenshot that highlights the issue.  Between Inbox and All, there is usually a drop-down to quickly sort by date, sender, etc. which is missing.

Thursday, December 21, 2017 7:40 PM
  • Hi ,

What's your detailed Outlook version?

According to my research, if your Outlook version is 1703 (Build 7967.2161) or higher, the filters and sort options were moved under the All drop down menu, to accommodate space for the new Focused inbox.

You can refer to this article for more information.

If you have further concern about this issue, please feel free to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

• Edited by Perry-Pan Friday, December 22, 2017 1:13 AM
    • Marked as answer by emr88 Friday, December 22, 2017 3:19 AM
    Friday, December 22, 2017 1:12 AM
  • Perry---

Thanks, you solved the mystery for me and Outlook build 1712.  I was unaware Microsoft had moved the drop down for the focused inbox.  I will mark your response as the answer, and let me wish you a good holiday.

Friday, December 22, 2017 3:21 AM
  • Thank you! You too.

Regards,

Perry

Friday, December 22, 2017 4:36 AM