projection failed 0x80131509 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I am working on a IIFP AD to ADAM sync and having issues.

I am having issues with provisioning code for creating user or userproxy objects in

ADAM.

If I create basic MA's for AD and ADAM I get the MV population and can get it connected to the AD and ADAM object.

What I cannot get it work is my provisioning code and I am not sure if my test environement has issues or is it a problem with my code or just my own User error

I followed the code in the help files to create the provisioning dll for the Metaverse Rules extension- but when I run it I never get the AD CS user object to populate in the metaverse and of course it never gets to the ADAM CS either.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this?

Here is my code for the MV rules extension:

The only thing I did that was not out of the box is create a attribute in the MV person object called "ObjectSid with a binary value. I can get this to populate from the AD CS as I need this attribute for the userproxy object creation in the ADAM db.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Omar

**** START CODE***************

Imports Microsoft.MetadirectoryServices

' Replace <sample extension object name> with the name of your rules extension

' class. If you do not replace <sample extension object name> with the name of

' your rules extension class, you will not be able to compile this file.

Public Class MVUserProxy

Implements IMVSynchronization

Public Sub Initialize() Implements IMVSynchronization.Initialize

' TODO: Add initialization code here

End Sub

Public Sub Terminate() Implements IMVSynchronization.Terminate

' TODO: Add termination code here

End Sub

Public Sub Provision(ByVal mventry As MVEntry) _

Implements IMVSynchronization.Provision

If mventry.ObjectType.ToLower = "person" And mventry("EmployeeID").IsPresent Then

If mventry("ObjectSid").IsPresent And mventry.ConnectedMAs("ADAMMA").Connectors.Count = 0 Then

Dim newCS As CSEntry

newCS = mventry.ConnectedMAs("ADAMMA").Connectors.StartNewConnector("userproxy")

newCS.DN = mventry.ConnectedMAs("ADAMMA").CreateDN("CN=" & mventry("SAMAccountName").StringValue).Concat("DC=test,DC=com")

newCS("objectSid").BinaryValue = mventry("objectSid").BinaryValue

newCS.CommitNewConnector()

End If

End If

End Sub

Public Function ShouldDeleteFromMV(ByVal csentry As CSEntry, _

ByVal mventry As MVEntry) _

As Boolean Implements IMVSynchronization.ShouldDeleteFromMV

' TODO: Add MV deletion code here

Throw New EntryPointNotImplementedException

End Function

End Class

***********END CODE************************

Sunday, June 18, 2006 1:56 AM

Answers

All replies

• Omar,

Without seeing the full Event Log error it is hard to say.  If this is part of a "BAIL: MMS" error then it is typically a bug in MIIS.  Make sure you are running the latest hotfix rollup for IIFP:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=46638

Otherwise, if this is actually an error occuring during the Projection process, then MIIS is never even making it to your provisioning code.  Are you running any Projection extensions via ShouldProjectToMV?
    Tuesday, June 20, 2006 8:33 PM
  •  

thanks Brad for replying.

I was able to work out the issue- it was a .NET framework issue. I had both 1.1 and 2.0 installed.

once I removed the .NET framework 2.0 my provisioning rules are now working.

I burned about 12 hrs on this rewriting my code, checking forums- what a pain. I wish I knew sooner that .NET Framework 2.0 would cause issues.

thanks,

omar

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 10:47 PM
  • The product group released an MIIS hotfix 6+ months ago that allows peaceful co-existence of the .NET 2.0 framework on the MIIS box.

Be aware that VS 2003 has a .NET 1.1 debugger that cannot debug extensions running in the .NET 2.0 framework, even though the extensions may be compiled with .NET 1.1. Either use a .NET 2.0 debugger, or create a configuration file to direct MIIS to use the .NET 1.1 runtime.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 3:50 PM
  • There is a post on my blog concerning this and other interoperability concerns.  There is also a sample configuration file available.

http://idchaos.blogspot.com/2006/05/miis-strategy-interoperability-with.html
    Wednesday, June 21, 2006 4:28 PM
  • Brad,

I am running IIFP- would the IIFP Sp1a roll up take care of the problem I was fighting?

Thanks for you feedback- I will check your blog in the future.

Omar

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 9:56 PM
  • The hotfix link I posted assumes you're running at least Service Pack 1 (build 3.1.287.0) or better.  You'll want to load SP1a version and then apply the latest hotfix rollup.
    Thursday, June 22, 2006 12:12 AM
  • IIFP and MIIS have separate patch files, however, the fix was released for both products in build 3.1.1030.0 and newer.

How to obtain the latest Microsoft Identity Integration Services 2003 cumulative hotfix package
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=842531

How to obtain the latest Identity Integration Feature Pack (IIFP) cumulative hotfix package
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=884192

Thursday, June 22, 2006 2:24 PM