none
Change tape retention for tape already written RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Due some backup issues, I want to change the retention time for one of my tapes that was already written, and if possible re-lable it as a monthly.  Is it possible to do this via powershell or other means?

Thanks
    Con

Monday, December 3, 2012 10:09 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

There are no provisions in DPM to change the retention period of individual tape backup jobs. However, you can run the DPM power shell script in this forum post to manually run a specific tape backup goal (monthly in your case) for a certain protection group.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dpmtapebackuprecovery/thread/4d9e8f47-33b6-4f57-82fa-6d25f6c43d80

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, December 3, 2012 7:00 PM
  • Thanks Mike

It's good solution, not ideal for what I want to do but I giuess that a limitationof DPM.  It's a shame that DPM is not more flexible.

Cheers
    Con

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 10:46 AM