none
How to display Project name in Tasks 'Details' view RRS feed

• Question

• I want to see the project name in the Tasks 'details' view. I tried creating an enterprise custom field at task level, and used formula to equal to [Title],  set 'use formula' for calculation of summary fields, roll down for 'calculation for assignment rows'. Then edited 'Details' view to display the newly created field but the field is empty.

Is there any way I can get it sorted

Thanks

Friday, December 21, 2018 3:18 PM

Answers

• RoopaC --

To populate your customer field with data, I think you will need to do the following:

1.  Open an enterprise project in Microsoft Project Professional.

2.  Press the F9 key to recalculate the project.

3.  Save the enterprise project a and then publish the enterprise project as well.

Please try this on several projects and let us know if it helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by RoopaC Friday, January 4, 2019 9:54 AM
    Monday, December 24, 2018 6:16 PM

All replies

• RoopaC --

Navigate to the Project Center page and click the name of a project.  In the drill-down section at the top of the Quick Launch menu, click the Schedule link.  Doing this will display the task list for the selected project.  Click the Task tab to expand the Task ribbon.  Click the View pick list button and select the Tasks Detail view.  Click the Options tab to expand the Options ribbon, and then select the Project Summary Task checkbox.  This will display the name of the project at the top of the task list.  Is that what you are talking about?  Please let us know and we will try to help you.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, December 21, 2018 4:16 PM
  • Hi Dale,

Thank you for your reply. But what I am looking for is different. When a user goes to his 'My assignments' view  and see all the tasks assigned to him across all the projects, I could see the project name as a hierarchy which is fine. But when the user clicks on a particular task, to edit/send any note to the manager, (In Manage Views, I think this present as 'Details' view), there is no Project name appearing in that view, but there is a requirement in our organisation to view the Project name. For this, I tried the process that I detailed in my question. As editing the view didn't help me (Project title not available to be added to that view).

Hope I am clear

Thanks

Roopa

Monday, December 24, 2018 9:20 AM
  • RoopaC --

To populate your customer field with data, I think you will need to do the following:

1.  Open an enterprise project in Microsoft Project Professional.

2.  Press the F9 key to recalculate the project.

3.  Save the enterprise project a and then publish the enterprise project as well.

Please try this on several projects and let us know if it helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by RoopaC Friday, January 4, 2019 9:54 AM
    Monday, December 24, 2018 6:16 PM
  • Hi Dale,

I have followed the steps recommended by you on of the projects where I am assigned a task and it worked. Would do for other projects as well and check if other users are able to view the project name.

Thanks a lot for your help :)

Roopa

Thursday, January 3, 2019 4:21 PM