none
Windows Time Update issue Peer timeout and Cannot Update Time RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Team,

I have a problem on a Notebook HP pavilion series having Windows 7 on it,

The issue is I am facing related to Time update failure, windows showing me error and timeout while clicked on update,

I clicked on Adjust Date/Time -> Change date and time settings -> clicked on Internet Time -> change Settings -> Server: time.windows.com -> Clicked on UPDATE NOW BUTTON 

It shows please wait and then a message showed below:

An error occurred while Windows was Synchronizing with time.windows.com. This operation returned because the timeout period expired.

What could be the issue? I have even changed the server in order to check either work with another server but it failed too

I tried with all servers and getting same error, windows is running half hour behind the real time

Synchronize with an Internet Time Server is CHECKED

Please suggest solution on urgent basis, I dont want to re-install the windows or a new window, I dont want to take risk of anything new that could affect programs, notebook is so important and has most important programs installed on it and always stay busy 24 hours it stay alive.

Please help into this matter.

Thank You in Advance

KShumik

Friday, January 27, 2017 10:19 PM

All replies

• I ran the ping also 

Ping time.windows.com

request timed out

request timed out

request timed out

request timed out

So this way I have checked ping is failed

KShumik

Friday, January 27, 2017 10:48 PM
  • Hi kShumik,

As far as I know, this issue occurs if the network communication is blocked. I suggest that you temporary disable the anti-virus and firewall. Then check the result.

You might try re-registering Time service. Open an elevated command prompt (Run as administrator) and then enter the following commands:

net stop w32time
    w32tm /unregister
    w32tm /register
    net start w32time

Then we could monitoring and troubleshooting Windows Time Service by following the steps in the link below.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb490845.aspx

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 30, 2017 9:02 AM
  • Hi,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved?
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.
    Best regards,
    Carl

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 7:33 AM