Change Outlook Autocomplete file location RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I was looking to find out if it is possible to changes the location where the Autocomplete file is saved?  Currently it defaults to being saved in C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\RoamCache but I want to force it to go to C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook\RoamCache.

The reason for this is because due to a separate issue I have the Local folder being cleared out at log off, so it is constantly being wiped.

Many thanks,

Mark

Monday, March 25, 2019 3:54 PM

Answers

• Hi Mark,

As far as I know, I am afraid currently there is no option available to change the Autocomplete file location.

Given this situation, if the user doesn't log off frequently, it is suggested to backup the autocomplete list using MFCMAPI tool, then import it back when logging on. See this article for details related to importing and exporting autocomplete list. 

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by Marklejman Tuesday, March 26, 2019 3:23 PM
    Tuesday, March 26, 2019 5:35 AM