sequencing question: app requires IE settings change before first launch RRS feed

• Question

• hi.

I need to sequence an app that will open in IE.

I did  a quick try, got some errors... Found later that it requires IE not above 9. I had 11.

Sure I will try it again with right browser version and if necessary few tries. So in case of problem I can ask providing the errors

But as preliminary question I want to ask an advice for the sequencing in the next installation scenario:

1. Run msi (55MB package, so it is not just a shortcut)

2. Before first launch, installation instruction requires to open IE and set "use username and password" for Internet and Intranet zones to YES.

The question is would IE settings be captured during the installation and monitoring process if I will do it as required.

Or it worth to set IE before starting sequencer, or I can set a registry for IE after editing Appv package after saving.

Also, domain GPO can be used probably. But I know that I need to enter the app during monitoring.

What will be appropriate to try?

Thanks.

"When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 2:43 AM

Answers

• I suggest that when you re-sequence you have the correct version of IE on your sequencing VM. Also, ensure IE has been launched before attempting to sequence to ensure any first run user settings are not going to be captured in your virtual package.

Also, please take a look at this excellent article posted by Dan Gough around overriding Group Policy Settings and consider it's impact for what you may be trying to do:

http://packageology.com/2014/02/overriding-group-policy-settings-app-v/

PLEASE MARK ANY ANSWERS TO HELP OTHERS Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon

• Marked as answer by pob579 Wednesday, July 16, 2014 1:41 PM
    Wednesday, July 16, 2014 6:07 AM

All replies

• I suggest that when you re-sequence you have the correct version of IE on your sequencing VM. Also, ensure IE has been launched before attempting to sequence to ensure any first run user settings are not going to be captured in your virtual package.

Also, please take a look at this excellent article posted by Dan Gough around overriding Group Policy Settings and consider it's impact for what you may be trying to do:

http://packageology.com/2014/02/overriding-group-policy-settings-app-v/

PLEASE MARK ANY ANSWERS TO HELP OTHERS Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon

• Marked as answer by pob579 Wednesday, July 16, 2014 1:41 PM
    Wednesday, July 16, 2014 6:07 AM
  • Rory,

thanks as usual...

"When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 1:42 PM