none
How to get rid of Security Report (Lock icon next to address bar) on a restricted user account. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.  I am curious if there is a way to get rid of the Security Report (Lock icon next to address bar) in Internet Explorer 8?  I am setting up restricted  user accounts and do not want users to be able to view certificates at all.
    Thursday, August 21, 2014 6:14 PM

Answers

• Hi  mrman1983,

I suggest to  change the following setting of the Internet Explorer:

Tools -> Internet Option -> Security tab ->Internet zone -> Custom level… -> under Miscellaneous, enable Display mixed content as the screenshot below:

Any further problem, you can post back.

Regards

Wade Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Sunday, August 24, 2014 1:03 AM

All replies

• Hi,

use kiosk mode and GPEdit to restrict access to the windows shell .

iexplore.exe -k {url}

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com

Rob^_^

Friday, August 22, 2014 12:50 AM
  • Unfortunately, there are other programs that the user will need to use outside of IE and they need to use them in tandem with IE being open.  Is there a way to get rid of the Security report without Kiosk mode?

Thanks.

Friday, August 22, 2014 5:26 PM
  • Hi  mrman1983,

I suggest to  change the following setting of the Internet Explorer:

Tools -> Internet Option -> Security tab ->Internet zone -> Custom level… -> under Miscellaneous, enable Display mixed content as the screenshot below:

Any further problem, you can post back.

Regards

Wade Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Sunday, August 24, 2014 1:03 AM