none
One-way trust domain and unique local user accounts RRS feed

• Question

• We have a web domain that trusts our internal domain, but not the other way. So it's a one-way trust or in DPM's case, attaching a workgroup or untrusted computer. Can someone explain to me why I have to use a local account on the protected computer and also why the local account has to be unique? I tried using a common "backup" user account for 5 web servers and upon attaching the 2nd web server on the DPM server, I was told that I can't use the "backup" account because it already being used. So that means I have to create "backup1, backup2, backupx" for each individual web servers? Does that seem upsurd to anyone?
    Tuesday, May 6, 2014 4:42 PM

All replies

• Hi,

That is the requirement - you can use DPMRA-%computername% for the unique accounts.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, July 3, 2014 4:10 PM