How to enable synchronisation between S4B clients on iOS and Windows? RRS feed

• Question

• We use the latest S4B app on iOS and the S4B client 2013/2016 on Win 10. The back-end is Lync 2010.

A user starts a communication on one device e.g. his Windows desktop, and when we grabs his mobile device he is missing all the previous conversation because Lync picked the active device only.

This is in sharp contrast to any other IM tool, is there any modification we can do to force a synch to all devices a user has?

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 12:55 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I think it is only available in newer version of server, there is a feature called server-side conversation history:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn933785.aspx

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn985897.aspx

D.

• Proposed as answer by Anthony CaragolMVP Tuesday, August 30, 2016 3:44 PM
    • Marked as answer by Alice-Wang Friday, September 9, 2016 10:03 AM
    Tuesday, August 30, 2016 1:26 PM
  • +1 Daniyar, in the newer versions of the server, server side conversation history can be added.  What this will get you is that ability to end a conversation on the IM client (it has to be ended) and you can restart it on the mobile by finding it and restarting it.  There may be some delay to resync it which is why I don't think this is the exact solution you're looking for and is more of a workaround.

Skype for Business/Lync doesn't really have a transfer IM to another device feature, though I would love to see this feature.  I'd actually love to see the option to pull up the last conversation automatically similar to other IM tools or simple text messages on my iPhone.  

If this is a feature you'd like added, you'll have to ask and/or vote for it on www.skypefeedback.com.  Or, attempt to use the feature Daniyar suggested which should accomplish the goal, I just don't feel it's as elegant as what you had in mind.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Wednesday, August 31, 2016 7:27 AM
    Tuesday, August 30, 2016 3:44 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I think it is only available in newer version of server, there is a feature called server-side conversation history:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn933785.aspx

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn985897.aspx

D.

• Proposed as answer by Anthony CaragolMVP Tuesday, August 30, 2016 3:44 PM
    Tuesday, August 30, 2016 1:26 PM
  • +1 Daniyar, in the newer versions of the server, server side conversation history can be added.  What this will get you is that ability to end a conversation on the IM client (it has to be ended) and you can restart it on the mobile by finding it and restarting it.  There may be some delay to resync it which is why I don't think this is the exact solution you're looking for and is more of a workaround.

Skype for Business/Lync doesn't really have a transfer IM to another device feature, though I would love to see this feature.  I'd actually love to see the option to pull up the last conversation automatically similar to other IM tools or simple text messages on my iPhone.  

If this is a feature you'd like added, you'll have to ask and/or vote for it on www.skypefeedback.com.  Or, attempt to use the feature Daniyar suggested which should accomplish the goal, I just don't feel it's as elegant as what you had in mind.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Wednesday, August 31, 2016 7:27 AM
    Tuesday, August 30, 2016 3:44 PM
  • Hi IT HelpDesk London,

Agree with others.

As a supplement, Server side conversation history means the conversation history will be saved to the Skype for Business Server. However, Skype for business Server will sync these data to Exchange Server at last.

It’s a new feature with the new Skype for Business Server 2015. In previous version of Lync Server, the mobile client cannot save the conversation history to User mailbox directly, all the conversation histories are saved on the local phone.

Here is a blog for your reference

http://www.lyncit.net/2015/08/server-side-conversation-history-in.html

Hope this helpful to you.

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Alice Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 7:36 AM