Inactive User feature appears broken in PAS 6.3 RRS feed

• Question

•  

I was working with a customer on setting up their PAS 6.3 security and ran into a problem.  It appears that you can no longer display all of your Inactive Users and select them to grant Professional Access.  You can only grant Professional Access after they have logged in at least once.  What gives?  We have had that capability since PES 4.0.  Why was it taken away in 6.3?  Without that feature, what benefit is there to showing inactive users?  It is a hassle to require a user to log in first before they can be granted access to the Web Professional client.  I realize that I can set the Default User property to allow Professional Access but most of the users do not need it.

Jason

Wednesday, April 9, 2008 1:14 AM

Answers

•  

Hello again Jason,

It seems that multi-selecting any grouping of users functions differently than it did in older versions (both Active and Inactive).  I do not foresee Microsoft addressing the issue anytime soon unless they receive an official Customer Support case submission containing a significant business usage case.  However the MSFT ProClarity development team knows about it, and while I have not heard any timelines regarding if or when it will be addressed, we are hopeful it may happen in the future. 

I hope you are doing well and I apologize I could not post any helpful information for you.

Kind Regards,

Amanda

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 3:51 PM

All replies

• Jason,

You're absolutely right and I do agree that this seems like a hinderance when attempting to deploy the product.  I am going to look into the reasoning and I will get back to you as soon as I can.  

Thanks for posting to our forum.  It's always good to hear from you.  Smile

Talk with you soon,

Amanda

Wednesday, April 9, 2008 2:58 PM
  •  

Hello again Jason,

It seems that multi-selecting any grouping of users functions differently than it did in older versions (both Active and Inactive).  I do not foresee Microsoft addressing the issue anytime soon unless they receive an official Customer Support case submission containing a significant business usage case.  However the MSFT ProClarity development team knows about it, and while I have not heard any timelines regarding if or when it will be addressed, we are hopeful it may happen in the future. 

I hope you are doing well and I apologize I could not post any helpful information for you.

Kind Regards,

Amanda

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 3:51 PM