none
SharePoint Online Publishing web site

Question

• I am a beginner using SharePoint for Business online, and have successfully set up a small test publishing website to view web pages, including JavaScript files and image files.

I wanted to test and view an eLearning lesson that is comprised of about 1100 files, about 48 MB total, but do not know how to upload this as a batch. It appears that I would need to upload each and every file (1100+) separately.

Is there any way to upload all of the files together in one folder to my test and view the lesson on publishing site? I took a look at SPFileZilla, and can't figure out how to use it to open and upload to the publishing site (a sub site of my SharePoint online site). One Drive seems to only sync an upload to the Documents folder found in the SharePoint top site. I don't know how to move an uploaded folder from Documents (top site) to Pages in the publishing sub site?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thank you for your help.

Sunday, October 23, 2016 8:29 PM

Answers

• Hi saratogacoach,

Only document library in SharePoint supports Sync.

You could go into Explorer View, and copy/paste folder from a document library to the Pages library.

Open Pages library, click “Open with explorer” under “Library” tab on the ribbon.

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by saratogacoach Wednesday, October 26, 2016 11:15 AM
    Tuesday, October 25, 2016 2:11 AM

All replies

• Hi saratogacoach,

To move files to a library in the subsite, a way is to sync or download the files temporarily and upload them to the new library.

To sync the library files with the computer, you should open the library you want to sync. Then click the sync button. Click “Sync now” to start the sync app.

For more information on sync, please see the following article: Sync files to your computer from a document library.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Sync-files-to-your-computer-from-a-document-library-f02b28b6-000c-4057-af92-d2ab41ab81eb

To learn how to upload files, see Upload a folder or files to a document library.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Upload-a-folder-or-files-to-a-document-library-eb18fcba-c953-4d45-8d90-8da66edeacdb

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, October 24, 2016 2:56 AM
  • Hi Linda,

Thank you for your help.

So far, I have synced the desktop folder holding the eLearning lesson with the SharePoint Online web publishing sub site's Document folder. So the entire lesson is in a folder in Documents directory on the sub site.

Next, if possible, the goal is to move/copy this folder and its files to the same sub site's Pages directory.

How do I move the entire folder from the Documents directory to the Pages directory in the same sub site?

Monday, October 24, 2016 3:12 AM
  • Hi saratogacoach,

Only document library in SharePoint supports Sync.

You could go into Explorer View, and copy/paste folder from a document library to the Pages library.

Open Pages library, click “Open with explorer” under “Library” tab on the ribbon.

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 2:11 AM
  • Hi Linda,

Thank you for this lead. If I use IE instead of FF to view my site, I can use Open with Explorer (grayed out if I use FF). I can copy the folder in Documents and paste it into Pages.

Now I need to figure out how to set SharePoint Online permissions to view an HTML file in this sub site--see this new posting for more details: new posting

• Edited by saratogacoach Tuesday, October 25, 2016 6:55 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by saratogacoach Wednesday, October 26, 2016 11:15 AM
    Tuesday, October 25, 2016 3:30 AM