none
Event ID 2159 MSExchange ADAccess Process MSExchangeFrontendTransport.exe (PID=8648). Configuration object CN=Interop RGC,CN=Connections,CN=Exchange Routing Group (DWBGZMFD01QNBJR),CN=Routing Groups,CN=Exchange Administrative Group RRS feed

• Question

• We are in co-existence with Exchange 2010 and 2016.   I'm getting lots of warnings in event viewer in administrative events about MSExchange AD Access   they all seem to reference routing groups connector.    I'm trying to figure out how to resolve these errors.   When I do a Get-RoutingGroupConnector I get the below error.

This error seems pretty consistent.

Any idea how to solve would be great!!

Process MSExchangeFrontendTransport.exe (PID=8648). Configuration object CN=Interop RGC,CN=Connections,CN=Exchange Routing Group (DWBGZMFD01QNBJR),CN=Routing Groups,

Process edgetransport.exe (Transport) (PID=9824). Configuration object CN=Interop RGC,CN=Connections,CN=Exchange Routing Group (DWBGZMFD01QNBJR),CN=Routing Groups,CN=Exchange Administrative Group 

Process MSExchangeDelivery.exe (PID=8664). Configuration object CN=Interop RGC,CN=Connections,CN=Exchange Routing Group (DWBGZMFD01QNBJR),CN=Routing Groups,CN=Exchange Administrative Group 

Process MSExchangeSubmission.exe (PID=8528). Configuration object CN=Interop RGC,CN=Connections,CN=Exchange Routing Group (DWBGZMFD01QNBJR),CN=Routing Groups,CN=Exchange Administrative Group 

[PS] C:\Windows\system32>Get-RoutingGroupConnector

Name                      SourceRoutingGroup                                                      TargetRoutingGroup
    ----                      ------------------                                                      ------------------
    Interop RGC               Exchange Routing Group (DWBGZMFD01QNBJR)                                First Routing Group
    WARNING: The object Interop RGC has been corrupted, and it's in an inconsistent state. The following validation errors happened:
    WARNING: You must provide a value for this property.
    Interop RGC               First Routing Group                                                     Exchange Routing Group (DWBGZMFD01QNBJR)

Jeff Tresnak

Monday, February 19, 2018 5:50 PM

Answers

• Hi Jeff,

Is there Exchange server 2003 used in your environment before?

Generally, the routing group connector is used to send and receive messages between Exchange 2010 Hub Transport servers and Exchange 2003 bridgehead servers. 

If there is no Exchange 2003 in your environment now, it is safely to remove the RGC object now. Please use the Remove-RoutingGroupConnector cmdlet to remove a routing group connector then delete it from: CN=Interop RGC,CN=Connections,CN=Exchange Routing Group (DWBGZMFD01QNBJR),CN=Routing Groups,CN=Exchange Administrative Group 

Then check if the issue can be fixed.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by Jeff Tresnak Tuesday, February 20, 2018 3:15 PM
    Tuesday, February 20, 2018 8:45 AM
  • Hi Winnie

I could not use the Remove-RoutingGroupConnector initially because they were both named the same name Interop RGC.   So I deleted the one with all the errors above first and then I was able to delete the original one using the Remove-RoutingGroupConnector command.   Since I completed the command I have not seen one MSExchange AD Access error.  It's been two hours since I removed these routing groups and I have not seen one of these warnings.  They were hitting every 15 minutes.   Thank You very Much!!!

Jeff Tresnak

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 3:15 PM

All replies

• Hi Jeff,

Is there Exchange server 2003 used in your environment before?

Generally, the routing group connector is used to send and receive messages between Exchange 2010 Hub Transport servers and Exchange 2003 bridgehead servers. 

If there is no Exchange 2003 in your environment now, it is safely to remove the RGC object now. Please use the Remove-RoutingGroupConnector cmdlet to remove a routing group connector then delete it from: CN=Interop RGC,CN=Connections,CN=Exchange Routing Group (DWBGZMFD01QNBJR),CN=Routing Groups,CN=Exchange Administrative Group 

Then check if the issue can be fixed.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 8:45 AM
  • Hi Winnie

I could not use the Remove-RoutingGroupConnector initially because they were both named the same name Interop RGC.   So I deleted the one with all the errors above first and then I was able to delete the original one using the Remove-RoutingGroupConnector command.   Since I completed the command I have not seen one MSExchange AD Access error.  It's been two hours since I removed these routing groups and I have not seen one of these warnings.  They were hitting every 15 minutes.   Thank You very Much!!!

Jeff Tresnak

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 3:15 PM