Cannot Run Executable on Server from Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Loaded main program we use at office onto the Windows 7 workstation, from the server install site.

When try to run the program, it starts, and then fails, providing an error message that it cannot find the executable file on the server drive -- even though it mapped the drive as part of the installation.

Even tried doing XP compatability, and ended up in continuous loop - where I would direct it to open, it would pop up window requesting permission to proceed, and then put me back to the previous window.

Why won't Windows 7 recognize the server drive and executable that is there?
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 5:50 PM

All replies

• Hi,

First, can you let us know which program you are trying to run? have you tried to test the program on another computer in your office? It's better to post your detail error on your public folder in the Skydrive for analyzing.

In my opinion, it's better to reinstall the program directly after copying the program installation file to your windows 7 computer.

Sincerely!

John
    • Edited by John Cena Thursday, December 17, 2009 7:59 AM
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 5:55 AM
  • When I try to load it directly, it gives a Server 2008 error message, and says I need to have a new version of another program.  We are running Server 2003 - and have the newest other program.

Yes, I have permission to read and install the program, as I am the admin on the workstation.

Thursday, December 17, 2009 7:57 AM
  • Can you let us know the detail name of the program?
    Have you tried to reinstall the program on your server?
    Have you tried to run it with another windows 7 computer?

You issue can be caused by the temp folder is emptied, while the application need them. In my opinion, it's better to reinstall the program, then test if you can run it.

It's better to collect a screenshot for the error message. Please upload it to your public folder in the Skydrive for analyzing. Please post your link.
    John
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 9:07 AM