ADR and software update group deployments RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I can right click on an ADR and select 'Add deployment'.

That ADR has an assoicated software update group. I can right click that software update group and select 'Deploy'.

What's the difference between the two please?

Thanks

David Z

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 10:11 PM

Answers

• Each time the ADR runs, the ADR deployment will be updated (deadlines and available time etc). When you use the manual deployment by right clicking on the existing software update group and creating a deployment, that deployment won't be updated.
    • Marked as answer by David Zemdegs Wednesday, July 3, 2019 12:11 AM
    Tuesday, July 2, 2019 10:44 PM
  • Well, you don't really forget about it, but the ADR will take care of creating or updating the deployments on the referenced update group for you (all those that you didn't manually create on the update group itself that it as noted by Nick).

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 11:45 PM
  • Next time the ADR evaluates, it should show up.
    Wednesday, July 3, 2019 12:52 AM

All replies

• Each time the ADR runs, the ADR deployment will be updated (deadlines and available time etc). When you use the manual deployment by right clicking on the existing software update group and creating a deployment, that deployment won't be updated.
    Tuesday, July 2, 2019 10:44 PM
  • So to deploy an ADR to a new collection, you use only 'Add deployment' on the ADR and forget about the software group associated with that ADR?
    Tuesday, July 2, 2019 10:47 PM
  • Well, you don't really forget about it, but the ADR will take care of creating or updating the deployments on the referenced update group for you (all those that you didn't manually create on the update group itself that it as noted by Nick).

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 11:45 PM
  • I added a deployment on my ADR but it hasnt shown up in my software update group.

Slow moving software again?

Wednesday, July 3, 2019 12:26 AM
  • Next time the ADR evaluates, it should show up.
    Wednesday, July 3, 2019 12:52 AM