none
MIM2016- Portal user search only shows one attribute on a user object - Domain. MV has displayName, givenName, sn, etc? RRS feed

• Question

• Any ideas what I may have missed during configuration?

MIM2016- Portal user search only shows one attribute on a user object - Domain.  MV has displayName, givenName, sn, etc for all the SourceADMA users.

See images below:

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 1:50 PM

Answers

• Hi Stuart,

ahh I see, you should check attribute precedence in MV Schema.

I'm sure you have set FIM MA as highest priority there.
    If you preview a sync on one of the MAs you should see skipped-no-precendent erros.

If you want to have it possible to edit the attributes either in AD or portal you must change precedence to equal for example.

/Peter

Peter Stapf - ExpertCircle GmbH - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 2:20 PM
  • Just found what you are saying in another thread and it worked on my first attribute.

Thanks, Stu

If you are getting empty users in the FIM-portal, check the atribute precedence: Metaverse designer --> Person --> (sort by "import flow") mark attributes that have 2 or more "import flow" --> Configure attribute flow precedence (under actions to the right) --> make sure your source MA is above the FIM-MA.

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 2:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Stuart,

seems you are missing some attribute flows on the MIM Service Management Agent.

You must create attribute flows from MV to Portal.

/Peter

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 1:57 PM
  • Here is my MIMMA:

It's funnny that only one attribute appears populated in the Portal UI, Domain.

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 2:14 PM
  • Hi Stuart,

ahh I see, you should check attribute precedence in MV Schema.

I'm sure you have set FIM MA as highest priority there.
    If you preview a sync on one of the MAs you should see skipped-no-precendent erros.

If you want to have it possible to edit the attributes either in AD or portal you must change precedence to equal for example.

/Peter

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 2:20 PM
  • Just found what you are saying in another thread and it worked on my first attribute.

Thanks, Stu

If you are getting empty users in the FIM-portal, check the atribute precedence: Metaverse designer --> Person --> (sort by "import flow") mark attributes that have 2 or more "import flow" --> Configure attribute flow precedence (under actions to the right) --> make sure your source MA is above the FIM-MA.

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 2:24 PM