SfB Online using Exchange on-premise? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

I have an Office 365 tenant with a handful of users assigned Skype for Business Plan 2 licenses (nothing else).  There is no hybrid setup, the tenant is not sync'd to our on-premise AD.

One of the users is assigned to a Polycom Trio (Skype Room System) in our boardroom so I need users to be able to send meeting invitations using the Skype Web Scheduler (they don't have their own SfB license or SfB installed on their computer). How can I configure it to use our on-premise Exchange server?

If that is not possible what other options do I have?  Do I need to configure a hybrid setup to make that work?  Can I somehow enable users to send a Skype meeting in Outlook without a SfB license or SfB installed?  The Trio will only work when it receives a Skype meeting request not a normal meeting request.

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 11:37 AM

All replies

• Hi Ted,

You could integrate your SFB online with you Exchange on-premise server, after that you could use Outlook to schedule the meeting ,but should need the skype for business license to join the meeting .I do not know which version of your exchange server ,please check the following link about the Feature support.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/plan-your-deployment/integrate-with-exchange/integrate-with-exchange#feature-support

if you want to integrate SFB online with Exchange on-premise ,you could refer to this link.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/deploy/integrate-with-exchange-server/oauth-with-online-and-on-premises

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, May 31, 2018 5:31 AM
  • Hi Leon.

Thanks for the reply.  As mentioned my users don't have SfB installed, or indeed a license, hence using a 'boardroom' account for the Polycom Trio this does have a license).  If I follow the guide you supplied will I be able to use the Skype Web Scheduler to send the invitation to users from 'boardroom@mydomain.com'?

Or, even better, how can I copy and paste the links from the web scheduler into a regular meeting request and treat it as a Skype meeting?  The Trio only allows you to join meetings sent as 'Skype meetings'.

Thanks,

Ted

Friday, June 1, 2018 7:47 AM
  • Hi Ted,

will I be able to use the Skype Web Scheduler to send the invitation to users from 'boardroom@mydomain.com'?

Yes,

To send the meeting request, you can copy the meeting details and paste them into an email program, or save the details in iCalendar format send it as an attachment.you can get more details in the following link.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/skype-for-business-web-scheduler-3b24a211-6470-4a2d-81b7-22d9399d0fec

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, June 4, 2018 11:11 AM
  • Hi ,

Do you have some updates? If the reply help to you ,please mark the reply as answer.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Thursday, June 7, 2018 8:38 AM