none
EUR/dpmdsacl.exe has stopped working RRS feed

• Question

• My old DPM (2012r2) ran into some problems so i decided to make a fresh DPM2016 server on a Windows 2016 server.

All is good exept for that i cant get EUR to work - I keep getting: "dpmdsacl.exe has stopped working"

I have tried to run the DPMADSchemaExtension.exe on other machines (DC) with same result. i have tried to use the 2012 SP1 version but with no luck.</p><p>Does anyone have an idea what to do?

Monday, January 16, 2017 1:16 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Not addressing the "dpmdsacl.exe has stopped working" -  but DPM 2016 does not support file server end user recovery (EUR)  if you are using modern backup storage (MBS) because VSS snapshots are not used for recovery points which is what EUR relies on to get previous versions list.  The workaround is to enable VSS snapshots on the protected file servers so clients can get previous versions from there.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 10:43 PM