none
PowerQuery slow performance with ODATA RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i have got a Dynamics NAV Table with about 6million records. This table is published with ODATA, so i should load it with PowerQuery in Excel. First i want to add some filters to the query, but adding filters results in loading the hole table data into the PowerQuery preview. And after a hour the request gets timeouted..

How can i load only a preview and not the hole table into excel, so i can add some more filters that the query would only return some tousend records.

Edit:

I see that the filtering on date fields is not working correctly. Powerquery loads all Records from Dynamics NAV and filters them after loading. But it should send the filter als parameter like it does on "number" fields. Is there any way filter with powerquery correctly?

Thanks

Daniel

• Edited by Saiyler Thursday, July 14, 2016 7:42 AM Edit
    Thursday, July 14, 2016 5:58 AM

Answers

All replies

• What kind of date filter are you using? I know that some of the easy to use ones (like Date.IsInCurrentMonth) have trouble folding sometimes. If you can express your date filter in terms of straightforward inequalities, you may have better success.
    Thursday, July 14, 2016 2:44 PM
  • I tryied it, but with no bether result. It loks like PowerQuery is loading die complete table data and filter after loading. I was expecting that the filter is given trough the request as a parameter. So if this addin is realy working like this, its not usable in production environment...
    Friday, July 15, 2016 5:56 AM
  • Feel free to use "Send a Frown" to send us your queries so we can see whether anything looks wrong. Mention me in the frown email so it can get to me.
    Friday, July 15, 2016 7:22 PM