none
Rename GPO all group policy has stopped working

Question

• Hello all,

As i'm doing some testing before going live in my company, i'm creating some GPO but when i changed the name of one GPO concerning some Icons for the accounting department, and applied the command GPOupdate /force on the server all the GPO has stopped working. And when logging in with an accountant user i can see the newly GPO added are not working.

Can someone please help and tell me how to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Thursday, November 10, 2016 10:47 AM

All replies

• I read something about redeploying the GPO but how to do it
    Thursday, November 10, 2016 10:54 AM
  • Hi Robert,

>>and applied the command GPOupdate /force on the server all the GPO has stopped working

Did these GPOs has inheritance? Please try to backup the original GPOs then try to create a dedicated GPO for testing purpose.

For how to backup and restore, please see link below:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc754760%28v=ws.11%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Hoping to get your feedback.

Besides, I have test renaming GPO on my server2012r2 with win8 client, no issues.

In addition, I always leave the default domain GPO alone.

Best regards,

Andy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 11, 2016 9:01 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Andy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 24, 2016 9:32 AM