Outlook 2016 Conditional formatting challenges RRS feed

• Question

• In my 2010 version I created some rules linking to contacts that were in my personal contacts in my exchange account. In other words, these are not contacts that are listed on the organization server but in my personal contacts located on my exchange account. When I did this on 2010 it worked just fine.

These rules, created in my 2010 account continue to work on my 2016 account.

I then attempted to create rules using exactly the same steps for my 2016 account. This did not work.

Interesting facts:

I have several different views (view/change view) and one of the conditional formatting rules that I tried to create in my 2016 account was for the same person that has functioning conditional formatting rule in a different view that was created on my 2010 Outlook. I use exactly the same steps to try to re-create a conditional formatting rule in this new view and it did not work. The only way I could get it to work was by typing out the address from the person who'd sent it to me rather than linking it to the contact in my personal contacts.

Can anyone help me understand why this is working and how I can bypass this.

Thank you very much. 
    • Edited by MWnerd Sunday, January 28, 2018 9:43 PM
    Sunday, January 28, 2018 4:46 PM

All replies

• Hi,

>>The only way I could get it to work was by typing out the address from the person who'd sent it to me rather than linking it to the contact in my personal contacts.

Do you mean select names from Contacts shown as the following picture?

In that case, according to my test and research, if you want to choose directly from Contact, you may need to make sure the contact display name exactly match the full name that appears on messages that you receive. If display name is different, please change the contact information and then check the result.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, February 2, 2018 1:18 AM
    Monday, January 29, 2018 8:51 AM
  • Hi,

Check to whether my reply helps.

If the above information was helpful, could you please help mark it as answer so it will be easy for other forum members who might have similar issues to find the useful one?

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, February 2, 2018 1:18 AM