Call park service fails to start RRS feed

• Question

• Hey all,

half way through an OCS to Lync migration & everything is looking great... except that on one of my Lync front-end servers when it reboots the call park service fails to start.

If i log into the server and manually start the service then everything is fine. I dont have any call park's configured but the pool is enabled for enterprise voice. The weird thing is that the other FE server doesn't have the same issue.

The error logged is :

Event ID:   31023
    Task Category: (2002)
    Level:     Warning
    Keywords:   Classic
    User:     N/A
    Computer:   lyncpool2.internal.domain.com
    Description:
    The service failed to initialize the media environment.

Exception: ResponseCode=500 ResponseText=Internal Server Error
    DiagnosticInformation=ErrorCode=24014,Source=lyncpool2.internal.domain.com,Reason=An internal media error occurred
    Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.DiagnosticHeader

Any ideas?

I've tried setting it to delay start and that doesn't make any difference.

Monday, February 14, 2011 11:35 AM

Answers

• ahah, mini break through...

If you have delayed start on the service then its fine. I tried this before but was a bit too impatient.

I think what we have here is a service dependency issue. The machines are starting call park too fast. (Both my FE's are doing it now so its not a server config / build issue)

If i get chance i'll do some digging into the specific dependency but for now a work arround is to set the call park service to "delayed start" - note it will take about 5 mins after the server comes online before it starts.

Ben.

• Marked as answer by Bibbleq Friday, March 4, 2011 11:22 AM
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 11:39 AM

All replies

• Hi, I am having the exact same problem...

Have you solved the problem already?

What I am going to do now is deploy my AV pool and my Mediation pool as I have defined it on the Topology Builder ( Not using consolidated FE). Maybe this can be  the reason...

Thanks in advance for any information

Paulo Trilho
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 3:03 PM
  • No not fixed it yet or found anything useful.

My deployment is EE with two FE servers, Director & Monitor server + consolidated single Edge

I tried uninstalling everything and re-installing, same issue!

I'll update if I find anything

Ben.

Thursday, February 17, 2011 3:31 PM
  • Server is still doing it and no further forward diagnosing or with the troubleshooting. Did you get anywhere with yours? On the verge or raising it to PSS I think.

Ben.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:14 AM
  • No luck yet...

I'll let you know if I have any development

Thx

Paulo Trilho
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 10:26 AM
  • ahah, mini break through...

If you have delayed start on the service then its fine. I tried this before but was a bit too impatient.

I think what we have here is a service dependency issue. The machines are starting call park too fast. (Both my FE's are doing it now so its not a server config / build issue)

If i get chance i'll do some digging into the specific dependency but for now a work arround is to set the call park service to "delayed start" - note it will take about 5 mins after the server comes online before it starts.

Ben.

• Marked as answer by Bibbleq Friday, March 4, 2011 11:22 AM
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 11:39 AM
  • No luck with that also :-(

In my case Response group service also doesn't start...

I need to have a deeper look, in my case it seems different.

Thx

Paulo Trilho
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:47 PM