none
Windows 10 Built-In Apps RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Community, Microsoft MVP etc...

I'm here to ask you something about Windows 10 Built-In Apps for Business.
    Today we have Windows 10 1607 Pro with only 1 preinstalled App (Calculator). Now we want to upgrade round about 150 Devices to Windows 10 1709. 
    We have now the problem that we don't know how is the best and official supported way to remove some apps like "Windows Store, XBOX etc..." with inplace upgrade. A way for me is, to remove all apps that we don't want in the install.wim with dism. And then i upgrade the clients with preconfigured install.wim. 

Is that official supported? I've read in some forums, that is not the best way because all other inplace upgrades to newer version than 1709 will doesn't function. Is that right?

If it is not supported and the best way, give me a way to remove some Pre-Installed Windows Apps with inplace-upgrade and compatible with roaming profile.

Thanks for all Feedbacks/Comments.

Kind regards,

Flavio Meyer

Thursday, February 15, 2018 6:49 AM

All replies

• Hi Flavio, 

We could use comlet in PowerShell to remove pre-installed applications, but some applications such as Microsoft Edge are part of Windows core, so they can't be removed with this command line or any other official measure. 

For information about remove comlet, please refer to: How to Remove All Built-in Apps in Windows 10

So we could upgrade Windows to Windows 10 1709, then deploy those comlet through GPO.

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 16, 2018 7:44 AM