Resource Room Calendar RRS feed

• Question

• I have managed to setup Room Calendars on Exchange Server 2010 however what I can't figure out how to do is to share the calendar with others.  Yes others can book/"invite" the meeting room but they can't just bring up the calendar and see what's going on in the various meeting rooms (I setup 4 room calendars).

When someone tries to send a share request (to only the room calendar) they receive the error message:  "You cannot request to share calendars with the following people because of permission settings on your network"

I am a total newby to Exchange Server 2010 so if you can help please give specific instructions as about all I know for certain is how to log into Exchange Server (yes I have administrator privileges, though I'm not sure why lol).

• Edited by TeachMeNow Tuesday, January 14, 2014 3:58 PM
    Tuesday, January 14, 2014 3:55 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It is not necessary to share room calendars to all users for room booking. After you create a room mailbox in Exchange server, the room calendar is created for room booking. When users book a meeting in Outlook, they can view the free/busy information instead of detailed entries of room calendar in Scheduling Assistant of meeting.

Additionally, if you want to share details about room mailbox calendar, please try:

Set-MailboxFolderPermission -Identity "room mailbox:\calendar" -User Default -AccessRights Reviewer.

About managing room mailbox, you can set a delegate on a resource mailbox to control the scheduling options for that resource mailbox and to have all requests forwarded to the delegate. Or we can assign full access permission to specific users.

Thanks,

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, January 16, 2014 3:21 PM

All replies

• You shouldn't need to share the calendar - you should just need to open it.  In your Outlook calendar, right click the Rooms list and select Add Calendar, then From Address Book.  Type the name of your room in the pop-up, and you will see it.

There is also the possibility that your users can only see the free&busy on it.  If this is the case, try running:

Add-MailboxPermission -Identity <room alias> -User Default -AccessRights Reviewer

That will allow all users to see what is on the calendar, which will allow them to open it in your Outlook calendar list.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 4:23 PM
  • Hi,

It is not necessary to share room calendars to all users for room booking. After you create a room mailbox in Exchange server, the room calendar is created for room booking. When users book a meeting in Outlook, they can view the free/busy information instead of detailed entries of room calendar in Scheduling Assistant of meeting.

Additionally, if you want to share details about room mailbox calendar, please try:

Set-MailboxFolderPermission -Identity "room mailbox:\calendar" -User Default -AccessRights Reviewer.

About managing room mailbox, you can set a delegate on a resource mailbox to control the scheduling options for that resource mailbox and to have all requests forwarded to the delegate. Or we can assign full access permission to specific users.

Thanks,

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, January 16, 2014 3:21 PM