Application as TS condition RRS feed

• Question

• All, I’m trying to apply hardening polices based on the selection of applications from the MDT wizard. I have created multiple applications that can harden OS specifics. Like IIS, AV or the OS itself. Obviously these applications will run when the first application bundle executes in the task sequence. Because we are talking about hardening this can potentially stop the MDT installation, so I want to set the hardening policies as the last step of the TS.

Question, is there a way to query for selected applications and use that as a condition for a task sequence step?

Any other ideas are welcome!

Thursday, July 14, 2016 11:51 AM

All replies

• Check out the Options tab on a task in your sequence.  Here are some of the options you could use as trigger points (combined with the If statement):

Installed software (if the product is installed from an MSI file)

Application registry keys: easy on is the uninstall key

Application folder: does a folder the application would create during install exist

Application file: does a file from the application exist

Thursday, July 14, 2016 3:45 PM
  • Honestly, I don't know how a Hardening process would affect an in-place task sequence, it might work.

As for setting up conditions, I would simply call ZTISetVariable.wsf at the end of your Task Sequence Bundle, and have it set something like "DoHardening=YES". you can then set a condition as necessary.

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Sunday, July 17, 2016 2:11 AM