Outlook rule extracting info from an e-mail to a task subject RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

After some of our meetings, we receive a standardized e-mail with some next actions in the body. I was wondering if it's possible to automatically extract these next actions from the e-mail body into next actions in my Outlook task system. The e-mails always have an identical subject for every type of meeting, so identifying the e-mails themselves should be easy. The format is also always identical, that's why I would like to find a rule that can identify the tasks and get them in my next actions.

An example of such an e-mail is: 

Strategic Meeting at Company just finished a meeting.

Outputs for you:

Actions:

-             Individual Action: ACTION 1

-             Individual Action: ACTION 2

-             Strategic manager: ACTION 3

-             Strategic manager: ACTION 4

Where individual action & Strategic manager are all actions that are meant for me personally.

I would thus like to extract 4 seperate tasks from this meeting to Outlook, i.e. ACTION 1, ACTION 2, ACTION 3 and ACTION 4.

Anyone who can help me with this?

Thanks in advance!

KR,

Stijn

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 6:06 AM

All replies

• Hi Stijn,

Thank you for visiting Outlook IT forum.

According to my research, I'm afraid that there is no such a built-in option in Outlook to realize this. 

If you have more concern about this feature, I'd like to recommend you to visit the Outlook user voice forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/ to vote for a similar idea or post your own.

Besides, if you are a developer, you may refer to this link regarding creating a Task from an Email using a Rule which could be realized via script.

(Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Thursday, May 24, 2018 2:37 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, May 25, 2018 1:14 AM
    Thursday, May 24, 2018 2:35 AM