windows RRS feed

• Question

• I keep getting random phone calls to my home from what sounds like a call centre in India.  They keep telling me about what should like an atmosphere problem with or in the computer [struggling to understand what they are saying I am sorry to say].  They state they are Microsoft windows engineers and its to do with the computer.  I have questioned this several times stating which computer which licence and they say the computer.  I have stated that I may have one or ten in the house are they dealing with all of them and they state no just the computer.  I am highly suspicious and have told them to not contact me and to remove my number but then they state they will notify higher up and computer could stop, lose data, etc you know usual stuff.  My question is has anyone else had these calls and are they genuine or not ???? thanks

Monday, December 22, 2014 2:30 PM

All replies

• These are not genuine. Microsoft would never call you about your computer. Microsoft does not have a way of know what computers you have, and wouldn't feel the need to reach out to you if you had a problem with your system. Most likely, they are trying to get you to install malware or do something else that would cause them to have access to your computer. Do not listen to them.

See similar reports out there, like the following:

http://www.chicagonow.com/little-merry-sunshine/2014/05/beware-microsoft-tech-support-scam/

Wednesday, December 24, 2014 6:06 PM