none
internet explorer 11 crashes RRS feed

• Question

• hi

we have server2012r2, with the latest updates, we had gpo problems, so i removed kb3159398, but also we experience since a few days, maybe 2 weeks problems with internet explorer 11, it crashes very often.

which update causes this? (kb3160005 perhaps?)

Regards and thanks for your time,

Erik Cornelissen

Friday, June 24, 2016 12:42 PM

Answers

• Got the same problem with freezing ie11 on windows 8.1 (several machines) the last one or two weeks.

Disabling "Shockwave Flash Object" Add-On fixed the problem so far for me - still not a permanent solution but worth a try.

Let me know if this also works for you!

Werner

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 8:56 AM

All replies

• which update causes this?

Instead of suspecting an update as the cause, why not see if there is a now incompatible add-on.  Then perhaps the fix would be to uninstall that, test without it and then see if the newest version of it could be installed in the new environment without further incident.

So, are the crashes reproducible?  That would make your testing easier; otherwise you could try finding the Report.WER files which were associated with the crashes and find out what all was loaded at those times; then try changing those symptoms by uninstalling any add-ons which were seen that way.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Saturday, June 25, 2016 1:58 PM
    Answerer
  • Thank you for the help.

The crashes are not reproducible, i tried.

Fridayevening i uninstalled all the latest windows-updates, and wait the next few days if the problem still occurs.

I'll look in the report.wer files, to see if i can find a cause there, again thank you.

Monday, June 27, 2016 6:49 AM
  • Ok, we are looking forward to your good news:)

In addition, there are several general methods you can try to check the problem.

windows.microsoft.com/en-sg/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, June 27, 2016 9:36 AM
  • Got the same problem with freezing ie11 on windows 8.1 (several machines) the last one or two weeks.

Disabling "Shockwave Flash Object" Add-On fixed the problem so far for me - still not a permanent solution but worth a try.

Let me know if this also works for you!

Werner

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 8:56 AM
  • Hi

i disabled the shockwave flash add-on and I updated java from 8.31 to 8.91.

so far so good, it seems to work

Thank you

Erik 

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 12:02 PM