MOSS 2007 Default Page RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am really new to this technology. How do I configure MOSS 2007 to display a different page as a home page instead of default.aspx. We have a requirement to display a text like a warning whenever any user hits the website. Once the users accept it, I should redirect them to the sharepoint default.aspx page.

Thanks
    Wednesday, December 10, 2008 3:40 PM

Answers

• Let me first answer the direct question..."How do I configure MOSS 2007 to display a different page as a home page instead of default.aspx"

Go to site settings and under the "Look and Feel" section you will see "Welcome Page".

Just a thought...so if your users know the page or they bookmark sub areas of your SharePoint site their are not going to get that disclaimer page. That might be obvious, I just wanted to point that out. You would typically address this need outside of SharePoint using your Firewall. 
    Wednesday, December 10, 2008 4:40 PM
  •  

Hi,

You can also use SharePoint designer to create a new aspx file and right click the new created aspx file. After click “Set as home page”, SharePoint designer will try to rename the new created aspx file to “default.aspx” and rename the default.aspx page to” default-old.aspx” .When you tried to browse the SharePoint site, it will open the new created aspx file as the default page.

Hope it helps.

Xue-Mei Chang
    Friday, December 12, 2008 8:51 AM

All replies

• Let me first answer the direct question..."How do I configure MOSS 2007 to display a different page as a home page instead of default.aspx"

Go to site settings and under the "Look and Feel" section you will see "Welcome Page".

Just a thought...so if your users know the page or they bookmark sub areas of your SharePoint site their are not going to get that disclaimer page. That might be obvious, I just wanted to point that out. You would typically address this need outside of SharePoint using your Firewall. 
    Wednesday, December 10, 2008 4:40 PM
  •  

Hi,

You can also use SharePoint designer to create a new aspx file and right click the new created aspx file. After click “Set as home page”, SharePoint designer will try to rename the new created aspx file to “default.aspx” and rename the default.aspx page to” default-old.aspx” .When you tried to browse the SharePoint site, it will open the new created aspx file as the default page.

Hope it helps.

Xue-Mei Chang
    Friday, December 12, 2008 8:51 AM