none
Project Site only available to the person who created the project RRS feed

• Question

• HI, Project Sites are blocked to everyone other than the person who creates the project.   The Security Groups and Category settings all look fine. Is there something that I should check in the base Site template?

Thanks

Dan

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 12:14 PM

Answers

• Hi Dan,

If you're talking about groups and categories, I assum you're using Project Server permission mode.

Thus the first thing to check is in PWA Server settings, go to "Manage User Sync Settings" and see if the option "Enable Project Site Sync" is activated. This option will synchronize Project Server groups with Sharepoint groups, thus give access to all proejct team to the site.

In case it works, you'll have to re synchronize existing project sites permissions from "connected sharepoint sites".

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 12:30 PM

All replies

• Hi Dan,

If you're talking about groups and categories, I assum you're using Project Server permission mode.

Thus the first thing to check is in PWA Server settings, go to "Manage User Sync Settings" and see if the option "Enable Project Site Sync" is activated. This option will synchronize Project Server groups with Sharepoint groups, thus give access to all proejct team to the site.

In case it works, you'll have to re synchronize existing project sites permissions from "connected sharepoint sites".

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 12:30 PM
  • thanks again Guillaume, this is sorted now.

Cheers

Dan!

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 1:04 PM