MS Money 2007 Deluxe with Win 10 Pro 64bit Build 14393.187 RRS feed

• Question

• I acknowledge that MS no longer Supports MS Money 2007, but I purchased this as Microsoft Software and I do not expect an OS change to Bust It and make it Useless. There is no other Similar Software available that can do as good a job as MS Money 2007, for my purposes and I have years of Financial Data contained in this Software.

I have been using MS Money 2007 Deluxe for many years now, previously on Win 7 Pro 64bit, and since 28/08/16 on Upgraded Win 10 Pro 64bit, successfully until, Win 10 Pro was updated to 14393.187 recently. This morning I was using it and had loaded an amount of Data, when I attempted to Enter a New Withdrawal for a New Payee that did not exist, and Money Crashed with this Message "Microsoft Money has stopped working. A problem caused the Program top stop working correctly. Windows will close the Program and notify you if a solution is available. Close The Program" when I had entered the New Payee Name and selected Transaction Date on the Calendar.

This is obviously an issue created by the recent Updates that brought the OS up to this latest Build, not MS Money, which had performed perfectly previously, both on Win 7 and Win 10.

Have others experienced this and is there a Fix to get it functioning correctly again, as I have Years of work in this Software.

Do you have suggestions on how to correct this condition.

I, along with many other Users are not impressed with the manner in which MS is taking over our Computers and changing our Programs and Settings, without our consent.

Thank You.

Friday, September 30, 2016 12:56 AM

Answers

All replies

• Microsoft Money has been discontinued in year 2009,there is an alternative named Microsoft Money Plus Sunset in 2010, but it lacks some features that were provided by former version.

Do some reading here:

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/use-microsoft-money-on-windows-10

S.Sengupta, Windows Insider MVP

Sunday, October 2, 2016 1:24 AM
  • There is another way!  But I can't remember it and it's a better solution as you don't have to tinker with registry settings.

Essentially you unpack the installation disk, replace one of the files, re-build a new installation disk, job done.

I did this on Money 2005 (which I still use, even on windows 10)..  I would offer to just copy the disk for you, but that probably breaks license...  It's very easy and I found the solution on the internet, if you can;t find it, let me know and I'll see if I kept some of the documentation.

Iain

Iain

Tuesday, October 4, 2016 4:25 PM