Create trust relationship between multiple forest RRS feed

• Question

• Our company is merged with other company and need to create trust relationship with their forest. We already have two different forest with two-way trust relationship. When I create trust relationship with other company, does it require to have two-way trust relationship between all of my two forests with their forest? Or just one two-way trust relationship with their forest will be enough to grand the access from/to both of my forests to their forest. 
    Friday, July 22, 2016 4:49 PM

Answers

• Forest trusts can be created between two forests only and cannot be implicitly extended to a third forest. This means that if a forest trust is created between Forest_A1 and Forest_A2, and another forest trust is created between Forest_A2 and Forest_B1, Forest_A1 does not have an implicit trust with Forest_B1.

You need to create two way trust relationship between Forest_A1 and Forest_B1 to allow users in both forests to share resources.

• Marked as answer by Polygon10 Friday, July 29, 2016 3:11 PM
    Thursday, July 28, 2016 5:31 PM

All replies

• Hi

If you need to full access between these forest,you should configure two way trust between forest.But is just need to access only 2 forest access these forest you should configure one-way trust from these 2 forest to other forest.(you need to configure trust for each forest.)

Also check the article for "How Domain and Forest Trusts Work"

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc773178(v=ws.10).aspx

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees,and confers no rights. Best regards Burak Uğur

Friday, July 22, 2016 5:03 PM
  • Hi.

Thank you for the information. However I like to know the best way to create trust relationship. Here is more information for the situation.

Company A has two forest/domain - Forest_A1 & Forest_A2 (Forest_A1 & Forest_A2 have two-way trust)

Company B has one forest/domain - Forest_B1

I need to create two-way trust relationship between two company to share resource between them.

Can I just create two-way trust between Forest_A1 & Forest_B1? Or do I need to create two way trust between Forest_A1 & Forest B1 and Forest_A2 & Forest_B1?

Any suggestion?

Thank you.

Friday, July 22, 2016 7:17 PM
  • I need to create two-way trust relationship between two company to share resource between them.

Can I just create two-way trust between Forest_A1 & Forest_B1? Or do I need to create two way trust between Forest_A1 & Forest B1 and Forest_A2 & Forest_B1? >>>>

For your situation you need to configure trust between each forest.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees,and confers no rights. Best regards Burak Uğur

Friday, July 22, 2016 8:01 PM
  • Forest trusts can be created between two forests only and cannot be implicitly extended to a third forest. This means that if a forest trust is created between Forest_A1 and Forest_A2, and another forest trust is created between Forest_A2 and Forest_B1, Forest_A1 does not have an implicit trust with Forest_B1.

You need to create two way trust relationship between Forest_A1 and Forest_B1 to allow users in both forests to share resources.

• Marked as answer by Polygon10 Friday, July 29, 2016 3:11 PM
    Thursday, July 28, 2016 5:31 PM