WSUS Clients Not Showing 100% RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a test group and a live group in WSUS. The test group receives updates 1 week before the live group.

Because of this, the live group machines never show 100%. This is because WSUS has updates available, but they have not yet been approved for the live group machines, if this makes sense. I cannot decline them as they ARE approved for the test group.

So the machines don't show 100%, even though they are really fully up to date, with all updates available to them.

This makes it very difficult to check, at a glance, which machines require updates in my live group. I can't decline the unapproved updates, as they are actually in use in my test group.

Is there any way around this, so my machines show as 100%, or at least so I can see which clients require updates?

Thanks

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 1:57 PM

All replies

• A number of people elsewhere have suggested that I should simply decline the updates I don't want to show, and then approve them once I want them to show.

However, as far as I'm aware I can only decline updates on an overall basis, and not per group? If this is correct, this suggestion can't work for me, as I DO want the updates to show for my test machines, but not for my live machines, until the week afterwards, once testing is complete.

Thanks

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 8:36 AM