none
IAG Interception and HandOff RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. I have a couple of really important questions i am trying to get to the bottom of so appreciate any feedback.

Can IAG be used to initially log a user onto an application and then handoff to the client browser to allow it to go direct?

So IAG can do the forms credential injection but sunsqeuent requests are done directly from the browser without IAG being involved? I ask as I have some high bandwith apps i'd rather NOT go through a central IAG all of the time but i DO like the idea of IAG doing the credential login.

Has anyone done this and any gotchas (different types of authentication issues) and so on? 

regards,
    steven
    Friday, October 30, 2009 12:23 PM

Answers

• Hi Steven,

I've done this before so I know its possible.

Here are the Gotchas:

1 - The backend application needs to face the internet too.   Meaning,  this application must be something you can get to by going through IAG and not through IAG.

2 - The application must be a web application.

3 - It doesnt matter if its forms based or 401 based authentication.  I've done it for both.

Thank you
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Thursday, November 5, 2009 7:32 PM
    Saturday, October 31, 2009 1:35 AM

All replies

• Hi Steven,

I've done this before so I know its possible.

Here are the Gotchas:

1 - The backend application needs to face the internet too.   Meaning,  this application must be something you can get to by going through IAG and not through IAG.

2 - The application must be a web application.

3 - It doesnt matter if its forms based or 401 based authentication.  I've done it for both.

Thank you
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Thursday, November 5, 2009 7:32 PM
    Saturday, October 31, 2009 1:35 AM
  • Hi Dennis - do you have any examples of this? Even a primer just to get going?
    Monday, December 21, 2009 11:14 PM