Office 2013 Clients with Exchange 2010 Issues with "Working Elsewhere" RRS feed

• Question

• I'm working with a client that is in process of updating their end users from Office 2010 to Office 2016 and Exchange 2010 to Exchange Online (O365). The issue is that the client endpoints are being updated before the server side.

Apparently, there was an update in Exchange 2013 that enabled a new "Show As" capability as "Working Elsewhere". This however is not supported in Outlook 2010 and is wreaking havoc in the environment when someone sends out a calendar status set to "Working Elsewhere".

Is there a way through GPO or some type of compatibility setting that we can set to disable this in 2013/2016 clients to ensure that this compatibility isn't an issue? Or is there an update for 2010 that will support this?

Thanks in advance.

• Moved by Niko.Cheng Thursday, April 12, 2018 8:18 AM because it is
    Wednesday, April 11, 2018 7:46 PM

All replies

• Hi Dennis,

Based on your description, it seems that you want to disable working elsewhere via GPO for outlook, so I will move the case to Outlook forum, there are more experts will help you with this issue, thanks for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, April 12, 2018 8:20 AM
  • Hi Dennis,

Based on my research, I am afraid it is not feasible to disable the Working Elsewhere option in Outlook 2013/2016 and it won't be ported to the older versions. Given this situation, you may need to tell users to change the free\busy flag to something other than “Working Elsewhere” as a workaround. 

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, April 13, 2018 8:36 AM