none
Mapped Folders Stay

Question

• Good Day,

I am a little perplexed about something.  I have a MS 2008R2 domain, with windows 7 clients and we are switching from log-in scripts to using the GPO preference to map folders.  The GPO is build with multiple OU's and different GPO's per OU specifying which mapped folders the users in that OU get.  One problem keeps popping up though.   If i move a user from one OU to another OU, the original mapped folders will still show up.  i.e. if OU-A maps folders to  R, S, and T, and I move a user to OU-B that only Maps S & T, R still shows up.  How do i make it not be as persistent?   I do not have the reconnect checkbox checked.

DWM

Wednesday, April 08, 2015 8:53 PM

Answers

• I found a way to make it work, I set up a log off script that disconnects all the mapped folders.

Is there a better way to make this work without the log off script?

DWM

Did you try "Remove this item when it is no longer applied" ?

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

• Marked as answer by DWM-Geek Thursday, April 09, 2015 9:39 PM
    Thursday, April 09, 2015 8:50 PM

All replies

• Are you using (C)reate, (R)eplace, (U)pdate, or (D)elete ?

http://blogs.technet.com/b/askds/archive/2009/01/07/using-group-policy-preferences-to-map-drives-based-on-group-membership.aspx

edit: Did you enable "Remove this item when it is no longer applied" ?

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

• Edited by DonPick Wednesday, April 08, 2015 9:20 PM
    Wednesday, April 08, 2015 9:16 PM
  • Replace.   I am also using show this drive.  (not fully understanding the show/hide options but figured i want the user to see the drive, so show this drive)

I looked at the link you sent.  I am predominately using public mappings, but locking them into specific OU's.    I will explore the inclusive and exclusive later, as it may streamline my GPO's.

DWM

Wednesday, April 08, 2015 9:26 PM
  • I found a way to make it work, I set up a log off script that disconnects all the mapped folders.

DWM

Thursday, April 09, 2015 6:54 PM

DWM

Did you try "Remove this item when it is no longer applied" ?

Don

• Marked as answer by DWM-Geek Thursday, April 09, 2015 9:39 PM
    Thursday, April 09, 2015 8:50 PM
  • Don, thank you.  Sometimes its the simple things that slip by you.  Appreciate your time spent on my question.  

DWM

Thursday, April 09, 2015 9:39 PM