none
Issues after migrating from Excel 2010 to Excel 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• We have a excel.xlsm application which has multiple user forms and we use it to create many excel xlsx and .xlsm sheets during the running of the application. The application is a VBA project. After migrating it form excel 2010 to excel 2013 we are facing certain issues.

I have listed the issues below:

If any excel spreadsheets are open in Excel 2013 and we try to run excel.xlsm application, we are facing issues which are inconsistent. The issues are listed below:

1. The application freezes and turns to not responding.
    2. Blank gray excel sheets are being opened on closing the application.
    3. Excel workbook gets closed but it is still visible in the VB editor.

Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

Thank You.

Monday, May 29, 2017 7:06 AM

All replies

• Hi Div,

Do you mean the issue only happen to one specific excel.xlsm file which has multiple user forms?

I suggest you can create a new document in Excel 2013 and record some Macros, save it as .xlsm file. Use this new file and confirm if Excel freezes when run this file.

If the issue only occurred when running the specific one .xlsm file created in Excel 2010, maybe some codes are also related. Please make sure you have installed the latest updates for Excel 2013. 

If there is no issue when creating new VBA codes in Excel 2013 and use it as template, I suggest you can provide the detailed VBA codes and ask a question in Excel for developers forum to confirm if any codes are related for the Excel performance issue.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 6:06 AM