Microsoft Odbc for Oracle 32bit in Windows 10 x64 RRS feed

• Question

• in Windows 10x64 Microsoft odbc for oracle cannot connect to oracle db with the following error:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ODBC: call failed.

[Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle][Oracle]Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-01019 (#1019) [Microsoft][Driver Manager ODBC] Function SQLSetConnectAttr driver failed. (#0) [Microsoft][Driver Manager ODBC] Function SQLSetConnectAttr driver failed. (#0)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i tried to connect with Access external Data

if i try to connect with Oracle instant client driver 32bit then it works fine!

is there anything i can do to make Microsoft ODBC for Oracle driver work in Windows10 ?

Any help would be very appreciated!!!

Thank You!!!

Fabiano Naldini

Thursday, April 13, 2017 3:32 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

I think this question would be better asked on the Oracle Support Forums as this issue is mainly related to Oracle.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 14, 2017 6:36 AM
  • Thank you for the answer!!

Maybe you are right but i make you notice that with the oracle instantclient driver provided by Oracle i can connect; it is only with Microsoft ODBC for oracle driver provided by Microsoft that i get the error and connection fail.

the fact is that i need the second one because otherwise i cannot read in the correct way the characters of some languages from the db.

Best Regards

Fabiano

Friday, April 14, 2017 6:53 AM