none
IE 11 home page settings

Question

• Hi,

When clicked on an existing IE11 GPO: User Configuration > Preferences > Control Panel Settings > Internet Settings, this error pop out.

When click OK, can only see the Internet Explorer 8 & 9 setting in there.

and when right click on Internet Settings > News. Do not see option for Internet Explorer 10 or 11 as mentioned in this article. This is a PRD IE11 GPO, and is actually applied to IE11 Prod users.

Does the IE 8 & 9 settings applied to IE 11 too? and

Where to get the IE10/11 settings?

thank you

Best Regards,

Monday, September 19, 2016 7:46 AM

Answers

All replies

• > Where to get the IE10/11 settings?

What's your OS version? I'd recommend to use a W10 Client to edit the
    GPO in question :-)

Monday, September 19, 2016 8:11 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Where are you running GPMC from? I would advise running this from a DC as this should use the most up to date ADM & ADMX files. I would also recommend setting up a central store for these if you haven't already in your SYSVOL.

Basically, we could only edit the settings within the Preferences section for IE10 and 11 using a computer running Windows 8 or Server 2012 or newer with RSAT installed.

If you were using 2008 R2 DC, you could refer to the following workaround:

How to Manage GPP settings for IE10+ clients on windows 2008R2 DC

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/asiatech/archive/2014/05/13/how-to-manage-gpp-settings-for-ie10-clients-on-windows-2008r2-dc.aspx

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 8:27 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 23, 2016 8:58 AM