Migrate ATA Center Installation across server Hardware RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'll appreciate some ideas on how to safely migrate an existing ATA Center installation across server Hardware. The capacity of the present ATA Center Server was sized for a Pilot deployment. Now we plan to move into full blown deployment. In-place Hardware resource upgrade is not a likely option. Additionally, the motivation is not to do a fresh install of the server, more importantly not to start learning the environment afresh.

David

Akinzo

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 5:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

maybe you can move your database to a network share and let the service run on an other server. With this setup you can reinstall the current server without having a new installation of ATA.

My second idea is a virtualisation solution...is that possible in your environment? With this scenario you can move the machine to an other host without interrupring and it is more scalable. it is possible to do a phy-to-virt migration.

The GW will store the data on its own machine if the center is not available.

Hope that helps

Regards

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 6:04 AM
  • Nice question.

Can you export with the private keys, the certificates that are being used by  the ATA Center service and ATA Console?

How long has the pilot been running?

I will try to work out the steps needed for this over the next few days.

Thx

ATA Team

Gershon Levitz [MSFT]

Thursday, December 10, 2015 3:25 PM