none
Group Policy Management - Fast opening parameters

Question

• Hello. Working with Group Policy Management consol i always must to open all parametres starting with two items: "Computer configuration" and "User configuration" and after expanding some collapsed items to find what i need. It takes a lot of time and i suppose there are some methods to open the parameter i wanna change without expanding "Computer configuration" and "User configuration". I also know how to observe adjusted parameters from "Settings" tab in any GPO - it would be nice if there is a way to open a parameter i need from that list. Have any idea to do this?
    • Edited by ReneDubois Thursday, March 09, 2017 4:01 AM
    Thursday, March 09, 2017 3:59 AM

Answers

• As i see it is only for administrative tools filtering.. So, if there is no way to filtering all items i need - i will be still looking for it..
    • Marked as answer by ReneDubois Wednesday, March 22, 2017 4:57 AM
    • Edited by ReneDubois Wednesday, March 22, 2017 4:58 AM
    Wednesday, March 22, 2017 4:57 AM

All replies

• > it would be nice if there is a way to open a parameter i need from that list. Have any idea to do this?

Yes it would be nice. It would also be nice to be able to copy a node path (like in regedit where you can copy a key path).

Both does not work.

Thursday, March 09, 2017 11:33 AM
  • Hi,
    Please take a look at the following article regarding to filter the group policy settings which may be help you to find out the needed settings, you could refer to some:
    Where is That Group Policy Setting?
    http://techgenix.com/where-group-policy-setting/
    Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, March 10, 2017 6:52 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved? If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions. If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, March 13, 2017 9:42 AM
  • As i see it is only for administrative tools filtering.. So, if there is no way to filtering all items i need - i will be still looking for it..
    • Marked as answer by ReneDubois Wednesday, March 22, 2017 4:57 AM
    • Edited by ReneDubois Wednesday, March 22, 2017 4:58 AM
    Wednesday, March 22, 2017 4:57 AM