Dashboard Designer - Anyone else unable to see Week 13 in the Dimension Filter? RRS feed

• Question

• Creating a KPI in PerformancePoint Dashboard Designer that uses a time dimension filter in order to filter down to a specific week.

What's odd is that I'm unable to use Week 13.  All other weeks are fine.  But Week 13 just doesn't work. (and not due to a lack of data in the list  for that week)

Is there a superstitious developer somewhere at Microsoft that hid Week 13 from the Dimension Filters?

Friday, January 28, 2011 7:06 PM

All replies

• Can you provide some more information on what type of data source you are using, how the filter is configured, and what you mean by doesn't work?
    Dan English's BI Blog
    Saturday, January 29, 2011 2:45 PM
  • Which version are you working on 2007/2010?

You got me verifying my solutions (just in case :)) but all are working fine for Week 13 (in PPS 2007).

Things you can check:

1. Run a Profiler trace on Analysis services and see what query is passed on to analysis server.

2. Use SQL Management console and build a MDX query utilizing Week 13.

http://dailyitsolutions.blogspot.com/
    Monday, January 31, 2011 7:54 AM
  • Thanks for the replies.  I setup a custom list on Sharepoint Server 2010, Server 2008 R2, SQL 2008, (everything enterprise) and then target that as the data source.  The list has a column with a date field in it.  The users will be entering a couple of entries per week.  In order to test it I created several records per week for the first half of the year.  The dimension just skips week 13 but all other weeks are fine.  There is no difference between the test records except for their datestamp, one every monday, wednesday, friday, of every week, for 6 months.

Very strange...I haven't yet created a new custom list and tested against it.  That will be next.

Monday, January 31, 2011 3:07 PM