Possessed Cursor ... RRS feed

• General discussion

• I continually loose the ability to move the cursor on my touchpad (ThinkPad 520)  When this happens, the cursor floats across the screen although I can use the pointer, it's difficult to control as it floats.  My updates are current and I do not have a virus or maleware.  All clean...Any idea's?
    Sunday, September 8, 2013 6:02 PM

All replies

• Hi,

When did this issue begin? Have you install any updates, software or new device before this issue?

We consider that this issue may be caused by corrupted drivers or conflicted programs.

At this point, I suggest we first update the drivers for Touchpad and graphic in device manager to check the issue.

Would you please help to test the issue in Clean boot Mode and Safe mode to narrow down the root cause?

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

If the issue doesn’t appear in this mode, you can determine which one can be the cause by using dichotomy in MSconfig. Checking on half of Non-Microsoft service and restart, determining which half of the services cause the issue and repeating to check half of the problematic half services.

If the issue still persist in Clean boot Mode, please check it in Safe Mode.

Please let me know what’s going on.

Keep post.

Kate Li

TechNet Community Support

Monday, September 9, 2013 10:26 AM