none
Unlock Laptop RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I would like to have following information: I have an Acer Aspire One ZA3 laptop, which needs to be unlocked. A Boot Scan was made that did not go as expected (boot.ini missing - <root of windows> \ system32 \ hal.dll), so it does not allow the normal restart of the laptop (this laptop will have a virtual machine). Since the restoration of the laptop is excluded (first - due to its software, it will be difficult to restore all the drivers, second - by the need to recover the programs and files that are on the laptop), I need to know if you know of any way to unlock this laptop.

Best regards,

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 10:37 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please check if you could boot into safe mode.

Here are steps to enter safe mode.

1. Just before the Windows 7 splash screen shown above appears, press the F8 key to enter Advanced Boot Options.

2. Using the arrow keys on your keyboard, highlight the Safe Mode and press Enter.

If you could boot into safe mode, please try to run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) to check system files and recovery corrupted files, here are steps:

1. Open Command Prompt (as administrator).

2. Type sfc /scannow, and then press Enter.

If you couldn’t boot into safe mode, please check if you have installation media. If yes, please try to do a in place upgrade, it will save your programs and files.

Here is a link for your reference.

How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 & Windows Server 2008 R2

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2255099/how-to-perform-an-in-place-upgrade-on-windows-vista--windows-7--window

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Vera Hu Friday, January 5, 2018 7:24 AM
    Thursday, January 4, 2018 2:07 AM
  • Hi, 

How’s everything going? Please feel free to give me any update.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 6:17 AM