Client installation failing - error 0x80072ee4 RRS feed

• Question

• I have posted on these forums a hundred times now, so I hope no one is getting sick of me yet.

We have a server that just started giving fits constantly with an error that says "SCNotification failed to start".  It keeps popping up.  After reinstalling .NET, I decided to reinstall the client.  Unfortunately the client now won't reinstall.  I have a set of errors every 10 minutes.  I have checked with security and was told that they opened that particular site wide open so it should have no problem communicating with our management point(s).  The errors are the exact same for both management points.  This is what they look like;

Checking the URL 'HTTP://SCCM00.aci.corp.net:80/CCM_Client/ccmsetup.cab'
    PROPFIND 'HTTP://SCCM00.aci.corp.net:80/CCM_Client'
    Failed to create HTTP session. (Error at WinHttpOpen: 0x80072ee4)
    GetHttpRequestObjects failed for verb: 'PROPFIND', url: 'HTTP://SCCM00.aci.corp.net:80/CCM_Client'
    Failed to check url HTTP://SCCM00.aci.corp.net:80/CCM_Client/ccmsetup.cab. Error 0x80072ee4
    Accessing the URL 'HTTP://SCCM00.aci.corp.net:80/CCM_Client/ccmsetup.cab' failed with 80072EE4

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 9:54 PM

All replies

• I wanted to add that after digging around on Google, I really couldn't find much on error code 0x80072ee4 other than a generic "internal error" explanation.
    Wednesday, February 13, 2013 10:04 PM
  • 0x80072ee4 = "An internal error occurred in the Microsoft Windows HTTP Services"

That to me looks like a server side issue and that you need to verify your DPs health specifically IIS on the DP.

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 11:20 PM
  • Jason,

Thank you for the response.

As a test, I reinstalled the client on a PC in the same boundary (AD site) and the same subnet and had no problem.  It installed from the same distribution point that the client having issues is.  There are no errors on the DP per SCCM and I see nothing obvious in the System/Application event logs on the DP.  Seems like something is wrong on the client device itself, but I have no idea how to pin it down.

We do have 2 management points which I also thought could be causing a problem because of the "HTTP services" error message, but it doesn't appear that we have other clients having this same issue.

Any other ideas?

Thank you

Juice

Friday, February 15, 2013 4:24 PM