none
Security Group setup to allow access to "Resources" and "Capacity Planning" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have a security group/permission issue here.

By default I've assigned all team members to "Team Members for PWA" however some team members needs access to the "Capacity Planning" to review their own capacity moving forward. One way I can see to work around this is to grant them access to "Resources" link on the left side bar. But in order to do this would be to grant the user "Resource Manager for PWA" role which seems excessive and I'm reluctant to grant this to normal users.

Is there another default security group that I should be using for this purpose? Or do I need to create a custom group? Any assistance on this would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Cheers
    David

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 11:54 PM

All replies

• Hi David,

The best practice is, keep all the Out Of The Box (OOTB) security groups without doing any modifications, and create custom group for all the groups (In your case, you have to create USG_Team_Member (USG-User Security Group), and USG_Team_Member_With_CapacityPlanning") and then assign the respective resources to the groups.

There is no specific group for this in the OOTB groups.

Hope this helps

-SNKBalaji.

Set your expectations high; find persons whose integrity and values you respect; get their agreement on a course of action; and give them your ultimate trust. - John Akers

• Edited by SNKBALAJI Wednesday, January 6, 2016 8:31 AM Updated
    Wednesday, January 6, 2016 8:26 AM
  • To implement this functionality you will need to have switched to Project Server Permission Mode; I've not found a way to implement this in the default perms mode. 

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 10:00 AM