Soundmax Sound drivers RRS feed

• Question

• I have a HP dv7000 laptop with Soundmax sound card. i downloaded the drivers and when i run anything with sound in use like media player or itunes the sound turns off till i reset my computer.

Craig

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 2:44 AM

All replies

• I have a Compaq evo N800c and i experienced exactly the same symptom. The sound works for a while but after opening a few documents or starting an applications - the soundMax stopps working. Sometimes if i restarts iTunes the sound comes back but usually I have to restart the computer. This happens after 30 mins or so of work. Other mp3 players like media plaer and realplayer experineces the same result. My driver is 5.12.1.3042 and i run windows 2000. Can somebody help? meanwhile I will try to update driver. /Mats Erik
    Thursday, November 30, 2006 3:17 PM
  • I have a Sony Vaio and get exactly the same problem.  Everything going hunky dory, then suddenly the sound vanishes.

It's driving me crazy as I work with music, and am so tired of restarting my computer 10 times a day.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 1:43 PM
  • Did you get help with this? I'm going nuts with the same problem.
    • Proposed as answer by ralphgates Sunday, January 1, 2012 5:54 PM
    Saturday, April 7, 2007 8:35 PM
  • I solved it!

I went out and bought a Creative labs card for £60, installed it, disabled the SoundMax card and VOILA all is now well. 

I thought my computer was on the way out but now all is much better than it has been for months and I believe all due to disabling that wretched Sound Max.

Boo.

Down with the Sound Max chip.

Saturday, April 7, 2007 9:36 PM
  • hi
    Sunday, April 22, 2007 7:47 AM
  •  bonzo1986 wrote:

I have a HP dv7000 laptop with Soundmax sound card. i downloaded the drivers and when i run anything with sound in use like media player or itunes the sound turns off till i reset my computer.

Craig

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 8:57 PM