none
SCSM 2012 SSP Permission for End users RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Experts,

I have an issues with SSP - SCSM 2012 SP1.

As an admin user, I can see theOfferings, see the pending requests, can see the requests I have submitted, Approve them etc. But when I am an end user, browsing from my laptop, I see a blank Home page. I dont see the Service offerings in the homepage..even I dont see the Need Help? text. What is the issue? FYI : Silver light is already installed on my laptop.

Interestingly, I see the Need Help? text with the same end user credential when I am opening the browser inside the server wher SSP is installed.

But, in both the cases, whether I browse in the server or from my laptop, I dont see the service offerings anywhere when i am an end user. I followed the below article..but no success.. :(

http://systemcentertech.com/2012/06/28/scsm-2012-portal-service-catalog-empty-for-end-users/

Please help...

Thanks!

Thanks

Wednesday, December 25, 2013 12:56 PM

Answers

• Are you using a self-sigend certificate for the SSP? If so you should add the certificate to the trusted root certificate authorities on your laptop.

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

• Marked as answer by MSSQL-DB Thursday, December 26, 2013 10:49 AM
    Thursday, December 26, 2013 9:05 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you add the Service Offerings and Request Offerings to the Catalog Group? Here is another good blog on this you can reference: http://www.concurrency.com/blog/scsmportalpermisions/

My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.systemcenterportal.com
    If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!

Thursday, December 26, 2013 8:01 AM
  • Are you using a self-sigend certificate for the SSP? If so you should add the certificate to the trusted root certificate authorities on your laptop.

• Marked as answer by MSSQL-DB Thursday, December 26, 2013 10:49 AM
    Thursday, December 26, 2013 9:05 AM
  • Andreas, Yes, I am using a Self Signed Certificate. I believe this is actually causing the issue.  I will add that and check it later..ned to run now...will mark your reply as answer.

Just a question: I need to export the Self Signed Certificate from my SSP server and need to import it to all users laptop/desktop who want to access the SSP?

May be SCCM can help doing this I guess?

Thanks

• Edited by MSSQL-DB Thursday, December 26, 2013 10:51 AM edit
    Thursday, December 26, 2013 10:49 AM
  • Andreas,

I'm back from vacation :). I have an internal CA. Can I use that to assign me a certificate and then I can use the certificate from the Internal CA rather than the Self Signed Certificate?

Please suggest..

Thanks

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 10:04 AM
  • You should request a SSL certificate for the SSP server from your CA (trusted CA in your enterprise infrastructure). This should work fine with the SCSM 2012 SSP.

Hope this helps.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 11:02 AM