Driver load appeared on 29 Jul 2015 RRS feed

• Question

• A load of drivers appeared in my WSUS server (2012 R2) on 29 Jul 2015. The drivers classification was turned on at the time (although I don't remember this happening in the past).  After I turned it off, they are still present. Anyway to get rid of them or do I have to decline them all?

Thanks.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 1:25 PM

Answers

• hmmm, if you turned it off but they're still showing up in there after doing a refresh, try the cleanup wizard, if they still stay there then I guess you have to decline them then clean up again

perform another sync after to ensure you don't get any other driver updates coming through

• Proposed as answer by Steven_Lee0510 Tuesday, September 8, 2015 5:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by Steven_Lee0510 Wednesday, September 9, 2015 6:29 AM
    Tuesday, August 4, 2015 1:33 PM

All replies

• hmmm, if you turned it off but they're still showing up in there after doing a refresh, try the cleanup wizard, if they still stay there then I guess you have to decline them then clean up again

perform another sync after to ensure you don't get any other driver updates coming through

• Proposed as answer by Steven_Lee0510 Tuesday, September 8, 2015 5:49 AM
    Tuesday, August 4, 2015 1:33 PM
  • I've already tried that as well--multiple times.
    • Unmarked as answer by Steven_Lee0510 Wednesday, September 9, 2015 6:29 AM
    Tuesday, August 4, 2015 1:42 PM
  • Hi,

We can  just decline these updates if we never need them.

If we decline them, these updates are removed from the default list of available updates and the WSUS server will not offer these updates to clients, either for evaluation or installation.

Best Regards.

Steven Lee Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 8, 2015 5:49 AM