none
App-V Client going offline, error code 4505CD-19101601-0003100F RRS feed

• Question

•  Every time the server is restarted the AppV Client goes into offline mode. Offline mode is enabled on the Client. If I set the policy setting "Disconnected Operations: Online" to enabled it starts in online mode or if I remove the option for offline mode set in the properties of the Application Virtualization Client on the Citrix server.

My question is: if the policy is set to online mode or offline mode is manually disabled on the client will the users be unable to launch applications even though they are loaded on the citrix server if the citrix server loses connectivity to the App-V server/content share?

The error that is displayed on the Citrix Server at startup is as follows:

"Application Virtualization Error:
    The Virtual Application Client could not refresh your publishing information.
    The Application Virtualization Client is operating in offline mode and cannot perform the operation requested. Disable offline mode, ensure that you have a network connection, and then retry the operation. If the problem persists, report the following error code to you System Administrator.
    Error code: 4505CD-19101601-0003100F"

Our environment is Citrix PS4, SG4.1 with AppV4.5 clients and W2003SP2

Related article:
    http://blogs.technet.com/softgrid/archive/2008/11/13/app-v-client-immediately-enters-disconnected-operations-mode-on-startup.aspx

Morten
    Friday, February 6, 2009 7:34 AM

Answers

• Hello,

If the application is cached and the user is authorized the user can start the application.

If the user is not previously authrized I think the server has to be online for startup.

You can skip the authorization (a registry key somewhere, check the technet documentation...) and that will enable the client to launch anything aslong as the application is available in cache.

(I think it works this way...).

/Znack
    • Marked as answer by MortenLangvik Wednesday, March 4, 2009 2:09 PM
    Friday, February 6, 2009 7:58 AM